Dance has been an integral part of Anna-Kate’s life. She started training in ballet from the age of four and continued for the next fourteen years to reach RAD Advanced and gain Solo Seal in Jazz. Other dance training has also included Highland, Hip Hop, Tap, and Irish dancing.
Her love of dance naturally led to other genres in the performing arts where she discovered a passion for singing and musical theatre. She trained at Pineapple Studios in London while working as a primary school teacher, operated her own dance school in Christchurch, and worked as a singer and dancer for cabaret and corporate events.
Anna-Kate’s Showbiz credits include The Phantom of the Opera, Mamma Mia! and Sister Act.
- 2003: Show Girl - Copacabana
- 2005: WestEnd to Broadway III
- 2005: ASB Starry Nights
- 2006: Silly Girl - Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
- 2007: Demeter - CATS
- 2012: Shirley - Buddy - The Buddy Holly Story
- 2015: Ensemble - The Phantom of the Opera
- 2016: Ensemble - Mamma Mia!
- 2017: Ensemble - Sister Act
- 2020: Ensemble - My Fair Lady