Buddy - The Buddy Holly Story
Director/Choreographer: Sara Brodie
Musical Director: Richard Marrett
Wednesday, 22nd September – Saturday, 2nd October 2021
Isaac Theatre Royal
Music rehearsals commence 15th July 2021.
Staging rehearsals commence 01st August 2021.
Audition Dates and Details:
Friday, 14th May 4pm – 9.30pm
Saturday, 15th May 10am – 4.00pm
Audition appointments will be allocated once application has been received.
Showbiz Christchurch is a not-for-profit society established for community participation and enjoyment of musicals.
- Buddy Holly - leading role - cover– high baritone, electric guitar skills to a high standard
- Jerry Allison - cover; drums to a high standard
- Joe Maudlin- cover; double bass to a high standard
- Tommy 4th Cricket; electric guitar to a good standard
- Maria Elena
- Hi Pockets Duncan - DJ
- Norm Petty
- Vi Petty; competent pianist
- Peggy Sue
- Mary Lou Sokolof - mezzo
- Marlena Madison - Apollo Singer
- Tyrone Jones - Apollo Singer
- Big Bopper - low baritone
- Ritchie Valens - high baritone or tenor
- Hayrider #1 - Fiddler
- Hayrider #2 - Double Bass Player
- Hayrider #3
- Apollo Performer #1 - strong, gospel/R&B sound
- Apollo Performer #2 - strong, gospel/R&B sound
- Murray Deutch
- Denzel Jefferson
All roles listed above are based on real people and you can find good imagery and information via Google.
Please email application with photo to email@example.com or post to:
PO Box 2185,
Applications close Wednesday 12th May.
Further information and the audition application form can be found below:
- Audition Pack (pdf)