Max has been a regular freelance pianist around Christchurch, playing for the last 25 years. A software developer by day and musician by night, Max has worked with choirs, vocalists, cabaret and theatre companies to accompany many of Christchurch’s leading performers.
His performance credits include many Showbiz Christchurch productions as the repetiteur, also working with North Canterbury Musical Society, Riccarton Players, Canterbury Children’s Theatre, Leap of Faith Productions, NASDA, The Vocal Network, Atlas Voices, Ali Harper and The Christchurch Pops Choir. He has enjoyed playing in many halls, churches, wineries, auditoriums and theatres, and a recent highlight was playing on the Steinway Grand at The Piano: Centre for Music and the Arts.
Max is one third of the jazz trio The Curio Club which combines the talents of a bass player, a drummer/vocalist and a pianist to create a luscious mix of jazz classics and contemporary favourites.
- 2000: Keyboards and Assistant Musical Director - Little Shop of Horrors
- 2005: Keyboards - Jesus Christ Superstar
- 2007: Keyboards - The Full Monty
- 2008: Keyboards - Chicago
- 2015: Keyboards - Monty Python's Spamalot
- 2017: Keyboards - Sister Act