Nickie’s theatre involvement spans three decades in which she has worked with Showbiz Christchurch, Canterbury Children’s Theatre, The Court Jesters, Chant et Danse and the Sydney Theatre Sports Company.
In 1999 she was nominated for Best Actress in a Short Film at the Sydney Australian Film Awards for her role as Martha in Martha’s Roulette.
For Showbiz, Nickie’s performance credits include Chicago, Stage Door 2, Mack & Mabel, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, Anything Goes, Little Shop of Horrors, Forbidden Broadway, Buddy – The Buddy Holly Story and Evita. She was also production secretary for The Phantom of the Opera, Monty Python’s Spamalot and Hairspray, worked on hair and makeup for Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and We Will Rock You, and also worked backstage on Wicked and the 2019 production of Miss Saigon.
Nickie is a Showbiz Christchurch Board member and became a Life Member in 2020. She is also the Artistic Consultant for The Entertainment Company.
- 1987: Matron - Chicago
- 1989: Mabel Gooch - Stage Door 2
- 1988: Ensemble - Mack & Mabel
- 1990: Director / Jewel - The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
- 1992: Assistant Stage Manager / Sophia Stainsley Asherton - Me and My Girl
- 2000: Director - Little Shop of Horrors
- 2008: Mama Horton - Chicago
- 2010: Director - Forbidden Broadway
- 2012: Miss Santiago - Buddy – The Buddy Holly Story
- 2015: Production Secretary - Monty Python’s Spamalot
- 2015: Production Secretary - Hairspray
- 2016: Ensemble - Evita
- 2017: Assistant Production Secretary / Wigs & Makeup Assistant - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- 2017: Sister Mary Lazarus - Sister Act
- 2018: Artistic Director - Broadway Hitmen